All Saints’ School has been an integral part of All Saints’ Parish since 1957. The present building was constructed in 1956 primarily with volunteer labour supplied by the parishioners. The school was officially opened on Sunday, November 4 1956 by Archbishop Duhig.
The Sisters of Mercy staffed the school from 1957 until their departure from Boonah at the end of 1989. Mrs Kathleen Lambourne, the first lay principal, commenced in 1990.
The original building was extended in 1972 with two rooms constructed on the western end. During 1995 an extensive refurbishment was carried out. The area beneath the classrooms was altered and updated. This resulted in a new office, library and staffroom. The tuckshop was moved to the Parish hall; the original classrooms were refurbished, and the veranda on the northern side of the building was extended. Two new classrooms and a toilet block were constructed in 2000 with financial assistance from the State Government.
Preschool education was provided for the first time with the opening of All Saints’ Preschool in 2001.
In 2023, the major building upgrade started which saw the original school building being demolished and a new Early Years Precinct, Administration and multi-use building and Library extension being created. For more details on the building upgrade, please click here.
All Saints’ School, has developed a fine reputation for providing quality Catholic education for the children of Boonah and district. It is now well placed to continue the tradition (by working closely with the Parish and parents) and to prepare the students of All Saints’ for the challenges of the 21st Century.